Pages

Thursday 26 January 2012

Fashion: constructed image - Task 2

Task Two
Carry out a simple 'street' casting of a chosen character or model.



I chose to photograph my brother for this task. I felt taking his portrait rather than a strangers was a better decision based on portraying the person's character. I placed my model in relative context - outside a music shop. This fit in very well with his own choice of music-related branded clothing and (with a deeper understanding of his character as I have) the fact that he is a musician.

I am inspired by his look through our shared love of music and instruments.

Most importantly, I have showcased a character who rests outside of what the mainstream media may consider the norm, as the brief describes, and what I relate to more so than mainstream fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment